Experience the Culture of Cabo Past
Step back in time to over 12,000 years ago, and explore the gorgeous sites our ancestors left us! The parietal paintings are incomparable to anything else you’ll see on your trip—a beautiful representation of another civilization and a spiritual journey to our earliest beginnings.
In 7,000 B.C., a nomadic group of gatherers and hunters settled around Cabo San Lucas during their trip through the Baja Peninsula. They left behind many artifacts for us to uncover, including the parietal paintings; parietal meaning prehistoric art on rock walls. You’ll also see clues to how the people lived, their customs, their hunts, and their tools.
Our experienced tour guides will lead you on your journey back in time. Your tour through history will include seeing the parietal paintings at Las Manitas, which is thought to be the ceremonial center for the ancient people. You’ll also have the rare opportunity to visit a Tibetan monastery, located in the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere Reserve.
At Cabo Expeditions, we want your experience to be more than just a tour. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in meditation and a nature walk, in addition to history itself. And after your tour to the past is complete, enjoy a delicious lunch!
- Round-trip ground transportation from your Los Cabos hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van
- An in-depth tour of the parietal paintings and the history of the area
- A visit to the Tibetan monastery
- Nature walks to view the flora and fauna of Cabo
- A certified tour guide
- Bottled water & soft drinks
- A healthy, light lunch and a snack pack
- Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants should not be mobility-challenged. (Tour requires some rock-scaling.)
- This tour is not for those with back, neck, and/or heart problems or for women who are pregnant.
- All visitors are encouraged to be meditative and respectful in the monastery.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking boots or comfortable sneakers
- Sun protection
- A hat