Feel the Sound, Live Their Music
Some enchanted evening, you will hear a stranger in the deep blue sea—a whale calling his soulful song. On Cabo Expeditions’ Whale Concert and sunset tour in our zodiac boat, whale watching takes on a romantic glow. On our cruise, we drop a hydrophone to pick up the poignant whale songs of humpbacks who’ve migrated to Baja to mate. Looking for Cabo whale watching tours that are just a little different and unique? Our Whale Concert is the perfect choice!
Serious whale watchers know that the warm waters of Baja California off Cabo San Lucas are the best place in the world to see whales. Thirty-two species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises come to these rich waters.
We start with a cruise in the beautiful waters of Cabo San Lucas to watch the whales of Baja.
Humpback whales come to Baja from the Arctic to mate in winter. It’s a thrill to suddenly see a huge dark torpedo thrust out of the sea, waving the long white flippers unique to the species, and smack the water with a spectacular bright white splash.
But the humpback story is more than meets the eye: humpbacks are renowned for their heart-rending songs. They can be heard underwater for fathoms.
We’ll drop a hydrophone to pick up the poignant whale songs of humpbacks who’ve migrated to Baja to mate. The song of the humpback whale is a loud, complex series of sounds repeated over and over. The tune changes as it is being sung with all singers in a population singing the same version at any one time. Between seasons, the song evolves, sometimes undergoing subtle changes while other times it’s completely different.
On a clear night, star-gazing can wind up this unique Cabo adventure in whale watching. Stars off Cabo San Lucas glisten like diamonds in the night sky over the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean.
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel in our air-conditioned van with driver
- 2.5 hours of tour listening to the whales with their melodies that fill the soul and celebrate the natural beauty of Baja California Sur until the sun sets on the horizon.
- A certified guide
- Wine and plate of cold meats, cheeses and fruit
- Soft drinks and bottled water
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not allowed for guests who are pregnant or those with heart, back and/or neck problems.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Depending on weather and wind conditions, the boat tour ride can be bumpy
- We suggest comfortable clothing and a light jacket for the whale watching boat tour.