Our Experience Makes Your Experience the Best.
For twenty years, Cabo Expeditions has been leading the scene in Cabo San Lucas whale watching. We pioneered the service, starting with just two boats and a big heart for whales. Today we field thirteen boats, with fifty staff members—all English-speaking—to provide adventurers with the best possible Cabo whale watching experience.
Why Choose Cabo Expeditions for Whale Watching?
- We offer TWO unique Cabo San Lucas whale watching tours that provide amazing, up-close and personal encounters with whales!
- We accept only small groups, to guarantee the personal service you deserve.
- Our guides are certified in emergency response training to keep you and your family safe.
- “Save the Whales” is more than a slogan for Cabo Expeditions—it’s a job description. We’re dedicated to rescuing whales in trouble.
- We’re the only whale watching tour company in Los Cabos trained and authorized to do this serious work.
- Our loyal staff reflects our values of respect and fairness. Many have been with us since our beginning. This goodwill spills over into a heartfelt courtesy and care for our guests.
- Our conservation campaign Cabo Consciente and day-to-day operations demonstrate a respect for the environment in every small thing we do.
Experience Whales Up Close and Personal With Our Zodiac Whale Watching Adventure
A day of action and adventure with a small group is the essence of the Zodiac Whale Watching Adventure. When it comes to whale sightings, our years of experience on Cabo seas in the Pacific Ocean give us an edge. If we see something like a spout, fluke, froth or splash that spells “whale,” we zip to the place. Our famously fast and stable zodiac boats—favorites of Jacques Cousteau—bring us closer than larger vessels.
We provide that up-close and personal experience with whales you’ve always wanted, with respect for the animal’s comfort zone and the laws for endangered species.
The acrobatic humpback whales are favorites, but you could also see gray whales or even the world’s largest animal, a blue whale. Thirty-two species of whales and dolphins have been counted here in winter. Brush up on your whale behaviors: breaching, tail lobbing, spy-hopping, fin-slapping, diving. What acrobatics will you witness today?
- Round-trip ground transportation from your Los Cabos hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van
- A certified whale watching tour guide
- Soft drinks and bottled water
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not allowed for guests who are pregnant or those with heart, back and/or neck problems.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Depending on weather and wind conditions, the boat tour ride can be bumpy
- We suggest comfortable clothing and a light jacket for the whale watching boat tour.
- Sun protection and a water-proof camera for the perfect whale watching photo are recommended.