Go Beyond Snorkeling
SNUBA® (snorkel + scuba) adds the gift of breathing underwater to the ease of snorkeling—without scuba diving’s heavy, technical gear and long training. The beauty of tropical sea life opens up as you enter a realm once limited to certified divers. After only 15 minutes of instruction, follow a SNUBA Cabo Expeditions expert guide into the wonders of the Sea of Cortez.
Many sea creatures just don’t come up to the surface within easy sight of a surface snorkeler. You don’t have to dive deep—even the easy 10, 20, or 30 feet down you can go with SNUBA® gives you a perspective you can’t imagine from sea level.
Every day is different under the sea. One day you might see butterfly fish and angelfish nibbling at coral heads. Another day a hawkfish might be spying at you from a shady hideout. It takes a good eye to spot an octopus, but moray eels are easy to recognize. You could see rays grazing on mollusks in the sandy sea floor. Or garden eels sticking their necks out. A big school of jacks or scads might blow by like undersea weather. Look closely for the little things, too – you could spy the brilliant finery of a little sea slug flipping by. Whatever you see today, it will be different tomorrow!
SNUBA® is simple: Instead of carrying your air supply on your back, you breathe through a long hose connected to a tank at the surface. You can’t go any deeper than the hose allows, so there’s no worry about getting “the bends” and other concerns that scuba divers deal with. You wear a mask and flippers, like you would for snorkeling.
After about 15 minutes of training, you follow your Cabo Expeditions guide to encounter amazing tropical marine life. Total time underwater is about 30 minutes.
Afterward, enjoy refreshments, and if time allows, use our regular snorkeling equipment, or relax on the beach.
- Expert instruction and a certified guide
- A wetsuit and all the equipment you’ll need
- Soft drinks and bottled water
- Minimum age is 8 years old. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour is not allowed for guests who are pregnant or those with heart, back and/or neck problems.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Wear your bathing suit under your clothes.
- An extra change of clothes is suggested along with sun protection, a towel, bio-degradable sunscreen, and a waterproof camera.